Calendar

Concerts and other cultural events can be held in the House of the Blackheads in all four halls.

The White Hall (great hall) of the House of the Blackheads is one of the oldest Halls in Tallinn, built for an entertainment purpose.

It was built in 1531-32 and was one of the first Renaissance style rooms in the Baltic States.

St. Olaf’s Guild Hall is the oldest and most festive room in the House of the Blackheads, its design is considered a masterpiece of Tallinn’s High-Gothic architecture.

Historical data about the St. Olaf’s Guild, that was situated at the very location, derives from 1369, the interior architecture comes from the early 15th century.

The Fraternity Hall is historically one of the most prominent rooms in the entire building.

Of its former glory, only decorative corbel-supported beams in the ceiling are left.

Adjacent to the Fraternity Hall is the Fraternity Room (the Elders’ Room), which was designed in 1908 by the architect W. Neumann.

Of its former fine furnishings, only a massive built-in steel safe that used to hold the brotherhood’s silver collection, and a fireplace, later walled in, are left.

The Basement Hall was first opened as a restaurant in 1922 with interior design by E. Kühnert.

The room is decorated by medieval vaults, supported by two square pillars. Originally the walls were covered by dark wooden panels, the room also contained billiards and card tables.

The Inner Yard with Renaissance influences (built 1531-1532) is on the basement level, it is decorated by two mighty arches supporting the White Hall above it.

The stairs and arches on multiple level are more reminiscent of medieval Italy than the courtyard of a Tallinn merchant’s dwelling.

Fireplace Room aka “Small Basement” was first opened in 1908.

In the middle of the vaulted room is a large square pillar, covered with dark ebonized wood panels.

The rooms’ user undertakes to:

  • Use the rooms of the House of the Blackheads prudently, in accordance with their intended purpose and the purpose of the event, keep the rooms and the common rooms and their furnishings clean and in a good order;
  • guarantee no smoking in the rooms. The catering company undertakes to set ashtrays near the house entrance, to keep the front of the building clean;
  • inform the House of the Blackheads as soon as possible about changes in the event’s agreed upon details (changes in performers, catering, times, number of visitors etc) at info[at]mustpeademaja.ee;
  • vacate the rooms at the agreed time and in the condition they were at handover;
  • take into account in the event planning that the House of the Blackheads has been declared a cultural monument by the 30.08.1996 regulation of the Minister of Culture.

Various sound, light and other equipment + transport can be ordered for additional fee